The Linguist™ and KnowBuddy™
With KnowBuddy and the Linguist, you can:
- Master natural language and formal logic.
- Automate business logic expressed in plain English.
- Provide artificial intelligence with the knowledge it needs to think.
KnowBuddy and the Linguist have been used:
- in deep question answering systems
- to understand and comply with financial regulations
- in educational technology that understands what it teaches
KnowBuddy performs natural language analysis and disambiguation beyond syntax to logical semantics and axiomatic knowledge.
- Click here for a video showing the knowledge above being acquired
- Click here for a presentation on breaking the knowledge acquisition bottleneck
- Click here for a Vulcan report on knowledge acquisition for deep question answering
KnowBuddy is available on-line at https://linguist.haleyai.com.
The Linguist generates logic and automates reasoning using description logic, logic programs, theorem proving systems, and other inference or business rule engines. For more information, see:
- Requirements for logical reasoning
- Confessions of a production system vendor
- Semantic Inferencing on Large Knowledge (SILK) knowledge representation system
- the Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules (SBVR) standard for business logic
Capturing and automating business logic and knowledge from natural English is much easier than using business ‘rule’ management systems (BRMS), such asOracle Policy Automation, IBM Operational Decision Manager, and others (e.g., SAP, Progress, Fair Isaac). And the resulting logic can be translated into production rules, such as Haley Systems used to do for the most popular syntax. We recommend more advanced reasoning technology, as discussed above, however.